free site templates

Rented Accomodation and Landlord Certificates

Talbot Heating is able to undertake the legally required checks in order to provide the landlords certificate for your property. The cost for this service starts at £60. This price may vary depending on the number of appliances and the distance traveled to the property. Discounts are available for multiple properties.

Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas
appliances. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. It replaced CORGI.
Landlords have legal responsibilities for gas safety. All gas appliances provided by the landlord must be
correctly maintained and a gas safety check must be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered
If you are a tenant, always:
• Ask for a copy of the landlord’s current gas safety record before you move in and after any subsequent
safety checks have been carried out.
• Check the ID card of any gas engineer that comes to do work in your home. The engineer must be Gas
Safe registered – Trust the Triangle.
• Check the engineer is qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back
of the ID card.
• Cooperate with your landlord and let a registered engineer in when a gas safety check or servicing has
to be done.
• Arrange for any gas appliances you own to be regularly serviced and safety checked every year.
• If your landlord refuses to provide you with a landlord gas safety record you can report them to the
Health and Safety Executive.
Remember, if you think a gas appliance is faulty turn it off and let your landlord know immediately. Badly fitted
and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. If you
feel unwell seek medical help immediately.
For more information and to find and check an engineer go to or call 0800 408


Landlords are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants. Landlords should make sure maintenance and
annual safety checks on gas appliances are carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
By law, landlords must make sure:
• Pipe-work, appliances and flues provided for tenants are maintained in a safe condition
• All appliances and flues that they provide for tenants use have an annual safety check
• Maintenance and annual safety checks are carried out by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer
• All gas equipment (including any appliance left by a previous tenant) is safe or otherwise removed
before re-letting
• A gas safety record is provided to the tenant within 28 days of completing the check or to any new tenant
before they move in.
• Landlords must keep a copy of the gas safety record for two years.
Before any gas work is carried out always check the engineer’s ID card and make sure they are qualified for the
work you need doing. Encourage your tenants to do the same..


Honey Badger Boat
c/o Adams Self Store